Silk plaster is liquid wall paper made from silk and cotton. To get the best result, please follow the instructions which is available on each bag of the silk plaster. Silk Plaster is a ready-to-use product. Just mix with water 2-12 hours before applying it to the wall. Water should be room temperature. This is a very important point.
To prepare the plaster:
- Pour water into a plastic tub and then add the silk plaster mixture—not vice versa. (If you have a color palette that uses the silver or gold sparkles, remember to pour it into the water and mix well before addition of the silk plaster mixture.) Each bag should be mixed separately, one by one. Be sure to shake the bag well before pouring it into the water.
- Mix by hand in order to attain the homogeneous paste. Don’t worry—Silk Plaster is an ecologically friendly product and is absolutely safe for your skin. Mix thoroughly by hand until the mixture is a single consistency.
- The well-mixed paste should be left for two to twelve hours in order to be completely soft and malleable before application. We recommend using the original bag to store the paste. TIP: for even smarter efficiency, you can even prepare the paste the night before and let it sit overnight in preparation for use the next day.
- Before applying, it will be more convenient to put the ready paste back in the plastic tub. Don’t forget to mix it once again. While the product sits and soaks, you can prime the walls in preparation for application.
NOTE: Silk Plaster liquid wallpaper does not demand perfectly flat surfaces. Walls should be clean, dry, and freshly plastered. Start with the primer and put two layers on and leave for a while in order for it to be thoroughly dry.
To apply the plaster:
- The first layer of primer should be horizontal, while the second layer should be vertical. TIP: These are recommendations so that the silk plaster mixture has a strong application surface. Apply the silk plaster only on dry surfaces with a plastic trowel.
- Next, spread the silk plaster mixture on the wall. The best thickness for the liquid wallpaper is two millimeters. NOTE: If the plaster mixture has become too hard or dry, you can add water to the mixture, but not more than one liter per bag.
- Paying attention to the application method, it’s important to note that the plaster is spread evenly. It is best if the trowel is utilized at a 10-15% angle to the wall. Never use the whole working surface of the trowel!
- Once you are finished and the wall is fully covered with mixture, you will still have time to make corrections and clean up imperfections, removing roughness from it.
- Using just a light pressure from one side, use a wet trowel to go over the surface of the covering.
Silk Plaster is an ideal product to use on uneven walls, unlike other wall covering materials. To speed up drying, open windows or conservatively turn on the air conditioner. Silk Plaster is a DIY product, or do it yourself, perfect for the home and any consumer can use it.
The product does not have any smell and you can refresh your interior as often as you want. You can even choose a new color and apply a new layer over the old one. You will not have to leave your home during renovation because it is made with eco-friendly silk and cotton fiber material.
Some of the other great things about using Silk Plaster is that covers joints and perfectly combines with any colors and other materials. You can also partially cover spots on the wall. It is flexible, long-lasting, and durable. It will keep its original look for many years. An added benefit is that there is also additional heat and sound insulation. Allows walls to breathe.
Silk Plaster is available in a wide variety of natural and vibrant colors, shades, and textures. Silk Plaster is a new coating for your walls and may even be a new business opportunity for you. We appreciate and support our distributors and are happy that you’ve decided to join us by using Silk Plaster liquid wall covering.
It’s quite an exciting premise to read up on the preparation of the product as we have a product sample heading our way. In our next post, we do some creative brainstorming about how to best utilize the wall covering in our flat. While there are two spots where we could use some color, we’re also considering some design elements that give the standard pale walls a bit more personality and allow us to express ourselves in the home. We look forward to sharing ideas with you!